We are Salt Lake City and Utah Personal Injury Attorney and law firm. We focus our practice on Dog Bites, Auto Accident, and Slip and Fall and Premises Liability cases. Having such a narrow focus allows us to be experts in personal injury cases. We have helped clients in Salt Lake City, Utah County, Davis County, and throughout the rest of Utah.
We care about you getting the recovery you need to get back to your life. To make the process easier, we can travel to you. Whether you’re in Provo, West Valley, or Ogden, we can help with your case.
Need to speak to an attorney?
Have you been in an auto accident?
Check out our helpful list of 5 things you must do after an accident.
Auto accidents are common, especially with all of the distracted driving caused by mobile devices. If you are injured in an accident you may feel like you can handle the claims process, find medical providers and resolve your case. There is a lot that goes into managing your auto accident claim and dealing with the insurance company and all of the forms and letters can be overwhelming. You may also find that you aren’t getting along with the insurance adjuster that has been assigned to you and you begin to ask yourself questions about what to do.
We can step in right after your accident and manage the claims process for you so you can focus on getting better. At TJ Auto Law, we know how to deal with insurance companies and can be an effective buffer to all of the stressors that arise after you have been in an auto accident.
In our experience, most people in a Utah auto accident don’t want to make a big fuss about things. They would like their case handled fairly and just want the situation to go away. The team at TJ Auto Law is compassionate and understanding about all of the problems that an auto accident creates, beyond the obvious need for the at-fault insurance company to pay what is fair. We also handle the following cases that involve vehicles:
• Semi-Truck Accidents
• Auto-Pedestrian Accidents
• Bicycle-Vehicle Accidents
• Motorcycle Accidents
• Commercial Vehicle Accidents
If you have been bitten by a dog then it was likely from a dog whose owner you know. It is important to know what benefits you have available and how to handle the interpersonal effects if you are bitten. We can handle sensitive situations that arise when you are bitten by a “known” dog and can work with everyone involved so that you get a great result without damaging friendships or family relationships.
Slip-and-Fall accidents typically happen when you have reasonable expectations that the property is safe, but then become injured by a dangerous condition that was hidden or obscured from view. Here are a few examples of how this could happen:
- An employee of a business cleans the floor and forgets to put a warning sign up and you fall on the wet floor.
- A stairway has enough steps that there should be a railing to hold on to, but there isn’t one. You might not realize that there is no railing until you have fallen and it is too late.
- A property owner has failed to repair worn or damaged surfaces that cause hazardous situations.
- You may be walking through your neighborhood at night and then trip on a sidewalk slab that has heaved and is now lower or higher than the slab next to it. A lip of ½ inch is likely enough to be considered dangerous.
- Your child may be attracted to a man-made structure on another’s property and is injured after playing with it or using it. Children have extra protections afforded to them because their judgment is not as sound as an adult’s. If your child is injured in that kind of situation, then we recommend you speak with an injury attorney.
- There are many more situations where one can be hurt on another’s property. If you have been injured in some other way and think you might have a case then call and talk to one of the attorneys at Tillotson Johnson for a free case review.